When it comes to buying overseas health insurancethere are a lot of decisions to make. One of the most important is whether you should buy individual or couple's coverage.
This article will discuss some of the major differences between these two types of policies so that you can make an informed decision about what type of overseas health insurance is best for your needs.
What is Couple Overseas Health Insurance?
The idea of private health insurance is to offer you and your partner protection against the costs associated with hospitalization, doctors’ appointments, out-of-hospital medical services like dental care or physiotherapy that aren't covered by Medicare.
Outsmarting these expenses can be difficult for many people who are on tight budgets. Thus, it's important not only to have this type of coverage but also to investigate what else might apply to get full value from insurers including the extra cover which offers help paying bills when emergencies arise.
How Does a Couple OSHC Policy Work?
What is Single Overseas Health Insurance?
What are Hospital Cover & Extras Cover?
- theatre and hospital accommodation fees
- patient meals
- intensive care
- prostheses objects
- diagnostic tests
- drugs, dressings, and other medical supplies
- dental treatment (including dental check-ups)
- optical including eye check-ups, glasses, and contact lenses
- orthodontic treatment
- chiropractic treatment
However, in case a couples’ OSHC insurance is taken, for the same month taken for individual calculation, it would, at an average end up costing them AUD 250 for a month and as much as 3000 AUD for a year. And, for the similar case as mentioned above, a whopping 6000 AUD for a 2-year course!
There is NO CLEAR REASON for the extreme difference in prices, however. Here are a few possible reasons:
- You might take up two individual policies, but the insurance provider could annul the benefits of the claim on the pretext of a wrong insurance cover.
- The reason for the price difference could be covering of pregnancy & infant – treatment costs by the insurance provider. This again collides with a couple who don’t intend to have a baby during their months of study in Australia. In such cases, there would be unwanted high payments.
- Even though individual policies are liable to get their visa approved, problems could arise in case of bill clearances. Also, if one of the two members or both visits a doctor, they could still be denied coverage on a pretext of possessing incorrect insurance.
- In the case of individual policies, your dependents are not covered if there is a need for prolonged treatment. This could result in excessive costs being made out of pocket and worse, you wouldn’t even be able to claim for it.
Whatever your choice is, we are here to help you. At GetMyPolicy,choose between the best government-registered insurance providers and plans. Also, compare between them, see available features, and know precisely what you pay for. That is not all. Upload your policy and get 15 FREE PTE Practice Tests!